<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: You wont loose the beat if you just keep clapping your hands..

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, April 22, 2010

You wont loose the beat if you just keep clapping your hands..




Photobucket

Photobucket

Well its friday and i thought id add a toe tapping song in to kick start your day, over summer i was literally obsessed with the Fruit Bats, every one of their songs is so catchy and you cant help but sway just a little bit!!! definately my kind of band...
Photobucket

Photobucket
I was super surprised this week when i found out glamour.com featured one of my outfits for their spring date outfit ideas check it out here if you want to see all the gorgeous outfits and there is also alot of amazing bloggers i found out of it too.. geez there are just too many amazing blogs i cant keep up (not that that is at all a bad thing) :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I found this a m a z i n g striped skirt while thrifting the other day (thats right i found it at a thrift shop) and although it was a little bit more than i would usually pay (for something from a thrift shop anyway) i just fell in love with it... the ladies at the shop were putting all their new stock out and i was standing to pay at the register, i saw her put this skirt on a rack and think i almost broke my neck running to it.. i literally ran haha but it fits like a glove and i almost feel like a 1950's umpire or something..i need a whistle!!!

I have a hug anzac weekend planned as well as trying to make it to the dawn service on Sunday im getting my hair done (yahoo about time) attending the we heart vintage market and making some new headbands!!! ahhh i love long weekends.. i think im going to try and fit in a little photoshoot too...

If anyone is wondering about the drum im standing on??? my grandad made it for me when i was little to store all my teddies and toys in..now it stores my art supplies :) but its still in amazing condition and its one of my fav pieces in my room!!!

So i hope you all enjoy your weekend i know i am going to!! i will be posting over the weekend too so dont worry :) XX

(vintage striped skirt & bag worn with cotton on mesh black dress & patent nude heels)

19 Comments:

Blogger _ said...

oh no, your link doesn't work! but i am so proud of you for getting on glamour.com! that's amazing.

this outfit is probably one of my favourites you have ever worn. SO good!
s.

April 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such adorable photos!!!! I love the outfit especially the skirt. It's such a girly, sophisticated look and I love the bit of mesh in the top to add some sex appeal too. Great look!

April 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Meghan said...

Your photos are gorgeous, as usual. Those shoes rock!

April 22, 2010 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger À LA MODEST said...

Found you at Weardrobe! Love the skirt and shoes! Thrifty but stylish options are the best. It feels like a big accomplishment finding something great at thrift stores!

April 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

I absolutely love this outfit! Congrats on the feature, you definitely deserve it! xx

April 22, 2010 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

Love the skirt! What a great find. Congrats on the Glamour feature, too!

April 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love the stripe skirt! How do you find so many amazing vintage pieces? Plus congrats on the Glamour.com feature!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

April 23, 2010 at 1:24 AM  
Blogger Couture said...

Lovely shoes!!

April 23, 2010 at 1:46 AM  
Blogger KP said...

I love that skirt! I can never find thrift shop clothes this cute - how do you, and so many others, do it?

April 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That skirt is awesome! I desperately need to go thrifting.

unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

April 23, 2010 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Just wanted to say congrats on the Glamour.com feature and thanks for always brightening my day with a cheerful tune a lovely outfit. :) You do a beautiful job!

http://www.hilaryinspired.wordpress.com

April 23, 2010 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Piia Õ. said...

Really cool headline :)
I love your shoes and your hairdo.

April 23, 2010 at 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Tracy, The Wardrobe Wanderer said...

Fabulous outfit and photos! and I love the drum--perfect accessory for the pics. I so enjoy the vintage look!

April 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These shoes are pure awesomeness! Great combo with the skirt, such a great find!A lovely 50s version of beetlejuice, well, kind of... :)
Oh and last: I love the drum box!!! Wish someone would made such a cool thing for me.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

April 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

That skirt is absolutely fantastic - great find! And a lovely outfit overall, have to say.

April 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

These photos are so fun! I absolutely adore your skirt! And those shoes are super sweet:]

April 23, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

WOW these are absolutely stunning pics. I love the stripes of the skirt with the beige heels! Lovely.

April 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger fab_gab said...

Very cute skirt! What a lucky find. You have such great pictures of yourself on your blog.
I have a style blog too and need to get better pics of my outfits. do you use a SLR?

come by and say hi at FabGabBlog.com!

April 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Tieka, Selective Potential said...

You look SO amazing! I love your skirt! :)

April 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home