<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: With flowers in your hair...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

With flowers in your hair...



Photobucket
To be honest with you this week has been a little overbearing, long days, trouble getting to sleep and finally getting the bill ive been dreading for the car prang i had a month or so ago... (sigh) even after having the most wonderful long weekend i feel like i need another break already..i am normally an extremely chilled person and it takes alot to get me down but as soon as money is involved my stress levels hit sky high...
Photobucket
Im sure that all of you dont know this but every single day i wear a boring black dress to work the same dress (uniform) everyday...i honestly dont think there is a worse way to start the day really having no creative input to your mood for the day through your clothes. the only way to express myself may be with a cute headband or my makeup!! so i know this sounds weird but when i wake up i think of the clothes i would wear today...and then pull them out look at them then get depressed and put on the black dress... This was my mood today...
Photobucket
I woke up a little early today (because my hair takes like an hour to dry) and there was the most amazing sunlight coming through our balcony...i wanted to sit there all morning with a pot of coffee and a magazine!!! i pulled this gorgeous tulle skirt and was in an instant bohemian inspired mood..something loungy but super pretty and flowy!!! i love weekends because i go crazy on my outfits.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Matched with my comfy comfy Brogues....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I am also so sorry about the post that got deleted on monday... my laptop had a complete freeze (or meltdown im not sure) and decided to delete random posts from my list.. i did loose a few other posts i loved..but hey thats how the cookie crumbles...hopefully it wont happen again!!!!

So now im off to make a pot of tea XX

(Wearing: vintage tulle skirt Bardot grey top Vintage black hat & Black brogues)

12 Comments:

Blogger Feisjanter said...

managing to look great even in stressful weeks!

September 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

I hope things calm down. Your outfit's mood reminds me of something soothing. Perhaps its that lighting, and how soft your skirt looks. The hat is the perfect touch. I just left a job where I had to wear the same thing day after day--it can be stifling, but it can also give you the creative kick in the butt when you fall into a slump of WANTING to wear the same thing everyday!

September 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look calm, cool and relaxed in these photos. I'm sorry to hear about your stressful day. Large bills are no fun and always seem to appear at an inconvenient time. Always. Here's to something uplifting occuring later on this week xx

September 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Natalie Suarez said...

SOOO cute! i love ur hat :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

September 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM  
Anonymous The Velvet Bow said...

Lovely outfit, and brilliant use of light. That skirt is wonderful!

September 29, 2010 at 4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo in love with that skirt... I need to find me one of those :)

September 29, 2010 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger Malu Keizer-Swartjes said...

I love this simple but cute look:D

xx

Click HERE to go to Malu's Fashion
Click HERE to go to Malu's Fashion
Click HERE to go to Malu's Fashion

September 29, 2010 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger KT said...

I've been dreaming of finding a similar floppy hat for months and months now. Alas, I can't find one anywhere. This one is adorable on you. - Katy

September 29, 2010 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

These photos are beautiful. As is the outfit. The skirt is so dreamy. Pity you couldn't wear it for the entire day. Hope everything sorts itself out quickly, and you can go back to being stress-free :)

September 30, 2010 at 2:46 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

These pictures are gorgeous! You look so soft and glowing...looking very stress free here! :)

xo

September 30, 2010 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

I love the entire feel of these photos, the outfit is gorgeous. I love the long chiffon skirt with the floppy hat xx

October 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger I said...

that skirt is beautifu
also Love your tattoo!

October 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home