<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Only A Paper Moon...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, June 18, 2012

Only A Paper Moon...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sagbottom/sets/592184


Photobucket

Photobucket I wanted to share with you another obsession of mine, vintage paper moon photographs. i mean what's not to love? i will admit some vintage photos creep me out..the very surly straight faced awkward ones are a little too weird for me (i feel like they are staring through my soul...in a creepy im watching you way)but the paper moon photos are so full of joy and sillyness you cant help but think they are having an awesome time when these were taken!

Paper moon photos were usually taken at arcades or carnivals and were started by the man in the moon craze in the early 1900's the photos started to end roughly around the 1950's and i love that there are still images around that show a lighter side of portraits back then.

Ive taken to looking for ones to add to my collection and hopefully will have a nifty little box filled with them soon!

*The first photo is by far my favourite her smile is too adorable, and reminds me of my grandmother a little!

You can see more of the photos at the Only a paper moon flickr group and Boston Bill Flickr account. which is where i sourced these images!

 XX

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Thank you so much for sharing these! Agreed, these are much less creepy that the somber stares of old photos and far prettier!

June 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Meg Eileen Carroll said...

I had no idea photos like this existed. It's great to see all the family happy snaps and hair-dos. the little boy is soooo cute. I've started a collection of vintage paris-themed postcards which I love.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

June 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM  
Anonymous projectgirl said...

I love these so much. We have our own ones with all our kids as Melbourne Museum has one of these still. It is the original one from the Melbourne Luna park. Next time your in Melbourne you should get on of you!

June 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM  
Anonymous Je pose un regard said...

Really cute fotos ! I love it !

June 19, 2012 at 3:16 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

These are soooo cool! I agree that vintage photos can have that creepy vibe, but these are just whimsical and fun!

June 19, 2012 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Hannah Wilkinson said...

These are all wonderful examples, I adore paper moons just as much as you! Georges Méliès did a wonderful film called Le Votage Dans La Lune, it's one of my favourite works of his, if you haven't seen it before you can find it on Youtube...I'd recommend it!
dimplesdiaries
x

June 19, 2012 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Finn said...

Oh wow! I've never seen photographs like these before. Very interesting!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

June 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are lovely!

June 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

how amazing is it!! i just watched it, so amazing thank you for letting me know! xx

June 20, 2012 at 4:05 AM  
Blogger Beautiful Day said...

These pics are gorgeous! If you watch the film Hugo it is about Georges Melies and his films.
So good and vintagey - you would love it! :)

June 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger samantha ramage said...

i want a paper moon! why didn't i see this before my wedding? i would have gotten one!!!

xo
sami

June 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home