<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Watercolour Dreams...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Watercolour Dreams...

 photo _MG_0082_zps695e7700.jpg

 photo _MG_0083_zpsa39b0ccd.jpg

 photo _MG_0085_zps96fdb532.jpg

 photo _MG_0086_zpsa7e1e8a8.jpg

 photo _MG_0091_zps7bf230e3.jpg
This amazing dress is what i wore to the Masterclass last weekend at the Voices of 2013. Since i decided to be savvy and only take carry on luggage (this was to prevent me buying up every vintage store in Sydney) i really had to plan my outfits and take exactly what i needed and nothing else. It did however make me sweat a little thinking i was over the weight limit and i had already started mentally deciding if need be what items would have to jump ship and be left behind to lighten the load!

I found this 1950's original at Bluebird Vintage on Cambridge street they only have a small selection of dresses but "oh my" they are carefully selected, in perfect condition and sold with love! The watercolour print and perfect fit sold me and even though it was a little out of my budget i couldnt walk away without it. (sometimes clothes just sing to me)

Another bonus is that it's also extremely comfortable which is great because since we were seated at the masterclass for a few hours it was lovely to relax and really take in the day instead of wondering if your seams are about to rupture in a room full of people (its happened before) sometimes vintage dresses give up on life at the worst times!

I will be uploading my next outfit on Friday (A pretty incredible dress) so keep an eye out!

(Wearing: 1950's dress, Vintage belt, Lola heels)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh goodness, that dress is just so perfect - the cut and the pattern is just amazing!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com

May 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Ani Barrington said...

Beautiful dress! I wish I had a dress like this!

May 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger MoMos Vintage Perth said...

Gorgeous!

May 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Becky Kozak said...

I just tore through your entire blog, guuuurl you are gorgeous! I'm so jealous of your sweet, feminine look, it's something I wish I could pull off!!

xo Becky
www.seductivemania.com

May 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a pretty dress, Ally! Gorgeous xx

May 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you! Thats so sweet. Xx

May 22, 2013 at 1:56 AM  
Blogger Ladies in Navy said...

what beautiful florals on you!
kw, ladies in navy
jewelry giveaway!

May 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Rabka said...

Kleid ist einfach Hammer!

May 23, 2013 at 1:21 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

this dress is totally lovely. i would wear it right away!

May 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a gorgeous vintage dress! I love the nude shoes paired with it. So spring-y and cute!

May 28, 2013 at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home